Tuesday afternoon reading/questions/thoughts
This was a much better post 5 minutes ago, but Blogger ate it, and there's no time to retype. Anyway:
1. Does anyone watch VP debates other than the fully-engaged-and-decided types? I think not. The goal is to not make negative news for tomorrow, and to try to get your opponent to. On that score, I'm predicting a draw.
2. We need(ed) more troops in Iraq, Bremer criticizes, then backs away. Rove must have incriminating photos.
3. New Tom Waits CD out today. Can't wait to hear it.
4. Quote of the day: "...there is no remaining shred of doubt that another four years of a Bush presidency would have a toxic effect on American politics. If George W. Bush is re-elected, unlimited corporate power, cynicism, and division will ride high in the saddle." Who said it? Liberal crazy? Campaign spinner? No. John McCain's advisor, who resigned and now endorses Kerry. It's another good link for wavering Republican/independent friends.
5. Is this the year? The answer starts at 4 PM EST.
6. Cool site/idea: www.youreaccountable.com Write letters-to-the-editor of papers that endorsed Bush in 2000. Remind them of what they said, and ask if they got what they expected. How about we each write one?