Wednesday, October 20, 2004

More from the I didn't do it/say it, don't worry, be happy President
Who knew that Pat Robertson is a member of the reality-based community too?
"And I warned him about this war. I had deep misgivings about this war, deep misgivings. And I was trying to say, 'Mr. President, you had better prepare the American people for casualties.' "

Robertson said the president then told him, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties."
Via Atrios, Karen Hughes, who never lies, says:
I cannot imagine that that conversation would ever take place. I've never heard the president say anything of the sort.... So I can't imagine whether he misunderstood, or what happened. But I'm certain that the president did not say that remark.
Just like he never said he wasn't concerned about Osama, and never said the Iraq War was about weapons of mass destruction. Your memory really does have to be bad to be/work with this President, doesn't it?

No comments: