Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New Senate Polls and a Question
By Mason-Dixon. If they hold up, they show Dems gaining 5 seats, just 1 shy of what we need to take control. Ford (down 45-43) and Webb (down 47-43) are close in TN and VA. I still think Ford has the better chance - he's running a much stronger campaign than Webb. I am hoping the ground game in Memphis still has some teeth to it.

Here's my question - does your state have early voting? And if so, have you already voted? One of my recent Ford emails encourages early voting for this reason: the campaign can retrieve the list of folks that have voted early, and won't waste time calling or visiting you in the get-out-the-vote efforts leading up to the big day. I have always liked voting *on election day* but this sounds like a reasonable, helpful request. So I'm doing it. Who's with me?

No comments: