Thursday, March 18, 2004

Matthew 7:3-5
From the people that brought you The Lord's Prayer, the Golden Rule, and the Sermon on the Mount:

"Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, 'let me take the speck out of you eye,' while the log is in your own eye? You hyocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye."

That isn't exactly what I had in mind for framing important issues in religious terms, but it's all I can think of when I read mind-boggling (mind-blogging?) snippets like this from team Bush (via Spencer Ackerman):

"In a morning meeting on Wednesday, Mr. Bremer warned the Iraqi leaders that they risked isolating themselves and their country if they continued to snub the United Nations."

Maybe they heard of my search for irony and are just trying to help out.

No comments: