Thursday, March 11, 2004

Inept Leadership = One-Term Presidency
I am more optimistic than ever that Bush will be defeated. The political team is reeling, and the policy team seems unable to handle adversity, or even recognize bad news when they hear it. New evidence is so plentiful this evening, I can't decide which makes the best case. For your late-night (or early morning) reading pleasure, I leave you with the choice of 4 satisfying hints as to the way the Bush-Kerry election will turn out.

1. Secretary of Education Rod Paige: "I think you stumped me with that question."
2. Richard Foster, Chief actuary for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: "I'm perhaps no longer in grave danger of being fired."
3. Bush's new negative ad: Muhammad Horton?
4. Anthony Raimondo, one-time probable nominee for "manufacturing czar": "It's going gangbusters!"

The best news here is not just that Bush's team is showing its incompetence more clearly, but that the opposition party is starting to act like one. Kerry's team is on the ball, the DNC has their act together, and people are just not putting up with the crap.

Pick a story and wear a smile on your face Friday.

{UPDATE: OK, one more thing to make you smile. Political advertising in the blogosphere is everywhere. Democrats have embraced the Internet and it is paying off. One of my favorite ads is for Doug Haines, a Democrat running for congress in Georgia. I don't think he'd mind that I copied it to post here for your pleasure.}

No comments: