Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Favorite Moment
From today's briefing, McClellan can't stop his auto-pilot Rove response when one reporter decides there may be something of a pattern emerging:
Q [Ed] Does the White House have a credibility problem?

MR. McCLELLAN: Ed, these are all questions that you're bringing up in the context of an investigation that is ongoing --

Q [Ed] I'm not asking about that.

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, it's clear that this is coming up in the context of news --

Q [Ed]We could talk about WMDs, a whole range of issues.

MR. McCLELLAN: -- in the context of news reports. And I appreciate those questions. And I think you're trying to get at the specific news reports and wanting me to comment on those specific news reports and --

Q [John] But they're news reports that have been confirmed by Karl Rove's attorney, Scott.

MR. McCLELLAN: John, you can keep jumping in, but I'm going to try to keep going to other people in this room, as well. And we can have constructive dialogue here, I think, but that's not the way to do it.

Q [John] It's not my job to have a constructive dialogue, Scott. Sorry.

No comments: