Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Favorite Positions: Poll
Bill O'Reilly tells us more than we needed to know about his sleeping habits and comforts in defending treatment of prisoners in Cuba, many of whom have been chained in a fetal position. O'Lielly claims this body arrangement to be comfortable, and adds that "most of us sleep in a fetal position." So, the guards were just trying to make the prisoners feel comfortable and at home.

Apart from this being a ludicrous defense, he's wrong isn't he? Unless I'm the one sleeping weirdly, most of us do not in fact usually sleep in a fetal position. Do we? Sleep on my side, yes. Sleep on my side with my knees pulled up to my chest and my back hunched over? not so much. But maybe I'm out of touch. Raise your hand if you sleep in a fetal position.

No comments: