Monday, July 30, 2007

MEDIA MONDAY
What have you been reading, listening to, watching?

People are Dying
Tom Snyder and Ingmar Bergman, who have never before been mentioned in the same sentence.

Article 19 Recommendations
I've seen movies:
The Simpsons - The story is not so entertaining or creative (many episodes of the TV show are) but the jokes kept me laughing the whole time.

Harry Potter - Easily the worst of the films so far in my estimation. The story was thrown together and pointless. I can only assume the book had a great deal more to it.

I finished a book a few weeks ago I forgot to mention before:
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards - I wanted to read this because it's been so prominently displayed at the bookstore for so long I figured there was something great about it. An interesting premise and a few gems of observation, but overall kind of mediocre I thought. No serious complaints, but no real points of praise either.

Weekend Box Office
1. The Simpsons
2. Chuck and Larry
3. Harry Potter
4. Hairspray
5. No Reservations

No comments: