Friday, March 02, 2007

Rant...
I'm so so sick of freaking roll-over ads. Listen - just because my stupid mouse crosses your page coordinates - doesn't mean I want to interrupt my surfing with a noisy obnoxious video covering my screen. Sometimes my mouse was just in the wrong place when I loaded the page. Sometimes I am just scrolling the page and happen to scroll the ad under my cursor, or more often I'm just trying to move the cursor from point A to point B and your points happen to be in-between, unbeknownst to me, the innocent bystanding reader. But I've never, ever said gee I'd like to roll over that ad and see more. It is easily the single most obnoxious intrusive method of advertising now that we've made pop-ups (mostly) a thing of the past. I can't believe it is ever met with any response other than fury. I have to close out the stupid things multiple times a day. I'd like to drop-kick any site that purposefully allows one to pollute its URL.

No comments: