Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dershowitz eulogizes the Chief Justice
At the Huffington Post:
[Rehnquist] generally opposed the rights of gays, women, blacks, aliens, and religious minorities. He was a friend of corporations, polluters, right wing Republicans, religious fundamentalists, homophobes, and other bigots.
I presume he's no longer invited to the funeral. Laurence Tribe (via ACSBlog), on the other hand, would seem to be generously angling for an aisle seat.:
When I began arguing regularly before the Supreme Court two years later, I felt from the start that I was conversing with a brilliant colleague who always got right to the point. In more than 30 oral arguments over the past 25 years, I never saw him ask questions, as his colleagues sometimes do, to hide the ball, parade his brilliance, show up a colleague, or play to the galleries.
I'm sure they're both right.

No comments: