Saturday, July 03, 2004

travel concerns
Posting will be light because I'm out of town - at the beach with the fam on vacation. Driving down in the mini-van in the rain all the way down, I realized a car feature, newer than my timeless 93 Sentra, that makes me crazy. Maybe someone can explain it. Why are there about 6 different windshield wiper settings before you even get to "low"? Doesn't that make LOW rather misnamed? I keep thinking I've turned the wipers on, or off, only to have them scrape across the windshield once every 4 minutes. You've got to look down and stare at the stick to see where it's sitting. But, hello, IT'S RAINING, and there's traffic. Should I really be looking down like that?

Here's an idea: off, low, high. That's all you need. Just like the 93 Sentra.

No comments: