Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Convention Bits, Night Two, Updated along the way
Uhoh...Could Gephardt be any more boring? And why was Teddy screaming his whole speech? He wasn't very compelling either, but I admit I stopped paying attention about half way through, even though I was hearing it. Not a good sign.

Hopefully Dean picks things up in the next hour.

UPDATE: Dean was great - and a nice tribute to him with the lengthy ovation.

But right now I'm practically speechless over Barack Obama. I've never heard him before, and feared the "rising star" hype. But I am just stunned. He was better than Clinton. That's right. The longer he went, the further he drew me in. A brilliant speech masterfully and comfortably delivered. I only wish this had been in a network hour. I'll link to a transcript (here it is) as soon as I find it, but I'm not sure if can do justice. If you missed it, catch a replay if you can. It's best on TV, but c-span.org has a link to video. Not the best quality video, but better than nothing.

No comments: