Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The Media Totally Suck
I'm really sorry, I'm having some kind of post-mania right now, really overdoing it. The combination of fury over media, and enthusiasm about some of the Democratic effort so far, has left me spinning. I agree with Pandagon that the press has no clue, or worse could care less, what's really going on and being said. But right now, I'm sick to death of seeing the Kerry NASA pictures, passed out by the GOP for admitedly no good reason, only because it makes Kerry look a little silly.

I suppose we are to take from this that Bush would be completely unwilling to visit the space shuttle, because he would have to wear a funny outfit. How Presidential is that? Any self-respecting media would take this press handout and wad it up and throw it right back in Ed Gillespie's face. Are there no better, more insightful pictures? Are there no more important questions to ask? Does the insane formula masquerading as "fairness" really require that they indulge Republican nonsense, just because it's the Democratic Convention and they feel guilty? They're a bunch of pretty faced puppets, a press release with a smile, no sense of priority, import, relevance, NEWS.

I know, I should know this already, and I do. But right now it is totally pissing me off. I'm sure we will see every report of Dean's prime-time speech tonight laced with references to his Iowa speech. They're totally incapable of framing an event or a public figure in anyway beyond caricature. Then they say it has to do with the overriding public perception of a person that deserves mention, completely eschewing any sense of responsibility for having emblazoned that perception themselves.

No comments: