Thursday, July 29, 2004

Convention, Night Three
Sorry this thread is too late, but to be honest I totally missed night three. I did catch a replay of Sharpton, and hope to catch Edwards before the night is done. What did you think?

My initial thought on Sharpton's speech (apart, from, again why is he yelling every word. These guys know a microphone is on, right?) is why are the TV analysts all wetting themselves over this? He referred to the opponent and some things he disagrees, and so now he's "attacking" and "bashing?" He went off text and responded to some recent news the President made in appealing to black voters (and did it creatively and powerfully, as always, I might add) and got the crowd riled up in his response. Where is the shock in Sharpton riling up the delegates at a convention?

The media complain to no end that there is no unscripted news made and the tone is bland at these things, and then when someone ad libs (even quite firmly in character) and raises the volume a bit, they pounce and vilify him. What is wrong with these people? But I digress. My real question is what did you think?

No comments: