Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Not Me
Actually, no, I have not "always wondered what it would be like to live through...one of the greatest financial panics of all time." Also, was not curious about living through a bad war, or the worst President ever. Count me as equally unexcited over being able to watch mankind destabilize the world's ecology. Other things I do not await with a spectator's fascination: what it's like for my air bags to deploy in my car, or the oxygen masks to fall from the cabin ceiling during a flight, being diagnosed with a debilitating disease, or enduring the next great boy band.

We have our own civil rights cause (gay marriage), our own environmental catastrophe (global warming), or own foreign policy disaster (Iraq), and our own revolutionary technological development (the Internets). We really don't need an economic depression we can call our own to feel like we're living in interesting times. Thanks, anyway.

No comments: