Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Cross-Over
The Indianapolis Star is reporting that Republicans are voting in droves today in the Democratic primary. Hillary's win there will be padded by a significant mischievous vote that wants to keep her fighting longer. Sure, some Republicans are wanting to vote for Obama, but I'm sure the vast majority are simply following (Rush Limbaugh's) orders.

I really disapprove, and not just because it goes against my candidate. Voting is an important civic duty that should be taken seriously. I'm not really crazy about any of the solutions, but I wish there was a good way to put a stop to it. The best would be more of a national primary. Republicans can screw around because they are done. If the votes in both parties still mattered, they wouldn't feel the luxury.

In North Carolina, the primary is closed, so we don't have that same problem. Registered Republicans may not vote.

No comments: