Thursday, May 13, 2004

Nice new poll
I'm going to try to post about things unrelated to Bush/war/atrocities over the next couple of days to give everyone, including me, a break. It's kind of gut-wrenching, no? And, you're probably wondering how many more ways there really are to say that Bush stinks and we need to vote him out. So hopefully my other thoughts, some related to politics, some not, will still manage to provide some interest and conversation. Of course, circumstances may keep me from being able to avoid the shenanigans of the shrub.

But I leave the Bush-talk with some very encouraging news: there's a new Ohio poll out (Bush won Ohio in 2000): Kerry 49, Bush 42, Nader 2. I'm starting to wonder where the bottom is in terms of hard-core partisan support for Bush. It can't be much lower than 42.

Grading is today so posting will be light for a day or 2(the grading, the celebrating, the recuperating from the celebrating..), so in the meantime, scroll on down to the post about Emmitt Till and tell us all where your dedication to civil rights comes from. I know more of you than just Judith has a story to tell there and I'd love to read it. And plenty of posts below to continue discussion about the war/prison/berg/female soldiers/milgram experiments if you can't get that story off your brain. Not sure I'll be successful myself.

OK one more somewhat Bush-related thing, but I can't resist because this is so very interesting.

No comments: