Monday, May 03, 2004

New Website
If you're like me, the last thing you need is another daily must-read website. But still...I like it. David Brock makes me nervous, he formerly of the vast right-wing conspiracy, now of the vast left-wing conspiracy. So I'll try to be careful how much credence I give to his new, impressively well-funded and staffed website, Media Matters.

It is an attempt to catalogue and debunk mis-statements and lies and flip-flops in the media. So, basically it rehashes the details of the general foolishness in Fox News that already makes us not watch it (but with footnotes). Ditto for Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. To that extent I'm not sure how helpful it will be for a dialogue on issues. I already don't take anything those people say to be accurate. But, I'm assuming that, like with the amazingly good Al Franken book, the extent to which they'll bypass truth, honesty and logic to make their point could be instructive or at least entertaining. When there's an especially good one, I'll pass it along. I'll also add it to my blog roll on the left.

No comments: