Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Presidential Press Conference
Bush answered questions responded to questions this morning. You can read the transcript here. And read all about it at tpm here. He's beating his chest about Iran and, guess what, pushing a misleading interpretation of the facts. Who knew he was capable of such a thing?
Q Thank you, sir. I'd like to follow on Iran. Critics say that you are using the same quality of intelligence about Iran that you used to make the case for war in Iraq, specifically about WMD that turned out to be wrong, and that you are doing that to make a case for war against Iran. Is that the case?

THE PRESIDENT: I can say with certainty that the Quds force, a part of the Iranian government, has provided these sophisticated IEDs that have harmed our troops. And I'd like to repeat, I do not know whether or not the Quds force was ordered from the top echelons of government. But my point is what's worse -- them ordering it and it happening, or them not ordering it and it happening? And so we will continue to protect our troops.
He "can say with certainty"...that pretty much convinces me; how about you?

No comments: