Monday, February 12, 2007

Anticipation
I heard a track from the upcoming Arcade Fire release, Neon Bible, and it's got me itching for the whole album. Should be out March 6. Sophomore releases are tricky - you want to bring continuity with the first popular group of tracks, but still be somehow new and different. But I have to admit I like their Funeral enough that for now I'd settle for a follow up that merely traverses the same ground - that's a plenty wide area as it is. The new tune I heard,"Intervention" (from NPR's All Songs Considered podcast from January 5 if you want to check it out), bears plenty of resemblance to the older material, though with an even grander orchestration. No telling which way the other tunes will go. But it's already ordered for the Article 19 household.

No comments: