Monday, March 27, 2006

MEDIA MONDAY
What have you been reading, watching, listening to?

Tiny Painting
I don't know why, but this really freaks me out, that someone could, and then would, paint a panda on a human hair.

Not Ready To Make Nice
New Dixie Chicks album comes out in May. Already the single's on the website showing that they're not interested in capitulating to the forces of evil. Warning: when you click here to visit their homepage, the audio begins. All the lyrics to the cut are there as well. I'm a little nervous about the music because they seem to have abandoned the folksy/bluegrass edge that made "Home" so marvelous. Then again, that's about the most prominent french horn you'll find in any country track. Interesting (but bordering on cheesy) use of orchestration in the buildup.

Lyrically, here's my favorite part:
I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

I know you said
Can’t you just get over it
It turned my whole world around
And I kind of like it
I like that "I kind of like it." They're not just refusing to apologize. They like that lines have been clearly drawn with them on one side.

A new Media Monday category
Interpretive Beatles Juggling (thanks LE)

No comments: