Thursday, April 15, 2004

Cool Site, PLUS What's Happening to TV?
Ever read the quotes, or see the clips, on The Daily Show, or SNL, and wonder where they came from, or what they're referencing? This site is new to me. It answers those questions for those shows, and apparently others. It's FootnoteTV. This is the page for The Daily Show. Seems like you need to have seen the show to know why things are referenced, so you can't get the jokes here, but the background.

Speaking of TV. . . Other than SouthPark, The Simpsons, The Sopranos, and The Daily Show, I generally find TV to be a wasteland these days. I hear 24 is good, but never have seen it. Law and Order is an old favorite of mine but I've kind of tired of it so I don't watch that either. Everything else seems to be proving that unscripted shows can be even worse that scripted crap. Am I missing anything worthwhile? Or at least controversial? Judith tells me there's a new show she hates called "The Swan." I've never even heard of it so I must be out of the TV loop. Please help me.

No comments: