Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Palin
I've been one all along to disagree with the charge that Gov. Palin isn't too bright. It seems to me she is obviously intelligent, but with little experience thinking through issues she's now supposed to know well. (I know the anti-intellectuals out there will not want to accept the idea that thinking is something that is necessary for experience, but it is.) Still, I have a hard time wrapping my brain around her statement that as VP she would be "in charge of the Senate," whether she was answering a child's question or not. That's not simplifying your answer that's just being wrong. Surely she knows that being President of the Senate doesn't mean being in charge of it, in any sense. And she must know that everyone else knows that - and that she's on TV. So why say it?

No comments: