Friday, August 14, 2009

Lunkhead of the Week
I've had my eye on the Whole Foods CEO, John Mackey, for potentially award-winning lunkhead excellence, until I saw the letter sent out by Representative Paul Broun (Crazy-GA), warning of the President's health reform plan.
Obama and his advisors are modeling this rationing board after European systems that use age and life-expectancy as key factors in deciding the "cost efficiency" of a procedure.

In other words: When mama falls and breaks her hip, she'll just lie in her bed in pain until she dies with pneumonia because her needed surgery is not cost efficient.
Broun wins. Can you believe it's come to nonsense like this? As low as my opinion of Republicans had already sunk, I have to say they've surprised even me in this debate.

No comments: