Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jeebus
I'm sure you heard the tragic story of the Illinois minister gunned down during church recently. And I'm sure that your first reaction was similar to that highlighted in my morning paper today: we need more guns in church to help combat all the violence!
Duane McGray takes his Bible to church on Sunday mornings.

He also takes his gun.

McGray, a former chief of public safety at Nashville International Airport, is a volunteer in the security ministry at First Baptist Church Hendersonville. He carries a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun to worship services to keep members and visitors safe.

"I have no problem in carrying a firearm in church," he said. "I just know that it is necessary to protect God's people."
Nice to know this guy was head of public safety at the Airport....

No comments: