Thursday, June 12, 2008

Unexpected Success
After my hard drive died, I decided to get an external to back everything up, plus I think I will use it to store all of my music since that can take up lots of space. I picked an iomega because it portable and I know the name, but when I went to hook it up with the Firewire connector, it didn't show up. So I went online to the iomega site, went to support where they claim to offer live chat help (my favorite kind of support), filled in my item's serial number and waited for about 20 mins. Tech help finally came on and I told him my issue and we both feared something wrong with the port on my ibook. And, you know, usually, those help people are all too glad to deflect blame to somebody else's device. So I figured I would end up back at the Apple store...but he said he'd send a replacement cord, just in case that's it. It just came via FedEx and I plugged it in and voila.

All of that to say, next time you're considering a storage device, put a check mark beside support help under iomega.

Lastly, someone remind me about this unexpected success the next time I am moaning about tech support horrors and about to put a hex on the whole industry.

No comments: