Monday, November 07, 2005

MEDIA MONDAY
What have you been reading, listening to, watching?

John Fowles, RIP
The French Lieutenant's Woman is an engaging 2-track self-referential read like no other in my experience. (Maybe Italo Calvino's If on a Winter's Night a Traveler can compete.) It's author John Fowles, who also wrote The Magus, died over the weekend.
He provided few solutions in his work, preferring to allow the answer to a question to be itself another question. For he believed that "Mankind needs the existence of mysteries. Not their solution." His own work, sometimes labyrinthine in its complexity, rarely deviated in style or content from this maxim.
Weekend Box Office
1. Chicken Little
2. Jarhead
3. Saw II
4. The Legend of Zorro
5. Prime

Picking up the slack
Lewberry reads, listens and watches so I don't have to. Which is good because last week I didn't.

Lyrics of the Day
From Rufus Wainright:
I don't know what I'm doin'
I don't know what I'm sayin'
I don't know why I'm watching all these white people dancin'

No comments: