Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Prayer-Blogging
More on the inauguration experience later - not the greatest for some (sorry Deb!!), but pretty incredible over all. It would be an understatement to say that the morning crowds - me included - had some trouble navigating the barricaded streets to make it to the mall. With no 2 million strong crowd experiences to compare, I don't know whether the city did a great job or not. I do know that many who were supposed to be there - even with tickets - weren't able to negotiate the lines and delays in time to make it, and there were definitely a few moments where I didn't think I would make it in either. Luckily got a jumbo-tron in sight just in time, right next to the Washington Monument.

But, I digress. I have been writing this morning - my concerns about Rick Warren's inaugural invocation, which I'm even more annoyed by after getting my thoughts out. Check it out, if that sort of thing interests you. Am I making too much of it?

No comments: