Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The "Dark" Part
Last night, I caught a late show of the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight. Still mulling what I think of it over all, but worth pointing out - if you didn't know - that this is not a movie for children to enjoy, like other recent superhero movies might have arguably been (Spiderman franchise, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Superman, even X-Men, etc..). Each of those may have had some ignorable innuendo and language that put it over the PG edge into PG-13.

This film is dark. There are some seriously disturbing thoughts, scenarios and ideas here. I'm not (necessarily) complaining. Just warning that this is not an especially fun film to sit through. Ledger's powerful Joker is not of the Jack Nicholson variety. If I was less than, oh, 15 or so, it would have given me pretty bad dreams for a week.

No comments: